We are looking for a hard-working and reliable construction project manager to manage plans, oversee the building process and stay within the budget of various construction projects from start to finish. Your duties will include retrieving the necessary permits to construct in certain communities, communicating goals for certain projects to subcontractors and construction workers, developing budgets for each project, coordinating subcontractors’ schedules to meet the schedules of other members of the team, and overseeing all daily activities of construction sites.
- Helping the office run smoother by accomplishing tasks without help.
- Keep in mind what happens next and what can be done to keep the job moving.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Determine and define the scope of work and deliverables.
- Predict resources needed to complete the project.
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites.
- Draft and submit a budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements.
- Manage costs in order to meet the budget.
- Provide direction over contracts and subcontracts.
- Manage construction schedule and activities.
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines.
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes.
- Select and manage subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Coordinate efforts across the entire project between architects, designers, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management within construction.
- Comfortable reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles.
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs.
- A high degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be a team player and communicate effectively.
* This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job