We are looking for an Excavator Operator to move dirt and other materials on the job site. Our ideal candidate has completed a relevant apprenticeship, but we consider all individuals to possess the appropriate skillset. You must be able to coordinate and collaborate with other workers, and supervisors on-site, so clear communication skills are crucial. You should have the skills to operate most pieces of heavy equipment, such as a loader, dozer, or backhoe. Trucking experience is also a plus.
- Help deliver materials, clean job sites, and accomplish day-to-day tasks.
- Helping the office run smoother by accomplishing tasks without help.
- Keep in mind what happens next and what can be done to keep the job moving.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Remove dirt from the building area.
- Unload the excavator in the appropriate area.
- Coordinate with other workers to determine to dig sites.
- Conduct routine maintenance on your equipment.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Completed apprenticeship preferred.
- Vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance experience.
- Communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be a team player and communicate effectively.
- Able to perform the job’s physical demands.
- Ability to work in the heat and cold for long hours.
- Lift over 50lbs on a regular basis.
* This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job