We are seeking an experienced, motivated individual to join our team as a Construction Estimator. Your job duties include surveying potential worksites; collaborating with contractors, vendors and labor agencies; and providing a comprehensive cost analysis for potential clients. Every estimate needs to address all relevant governmental regulations. Excellent communication skills are required to present your estimates to stakeholders and clients.
- Helping the office run smoother by accomplishing tasks without help.
- Keep in mind what happens next and what can be done to keep the job moving.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Create comprehensive cost estimates for a wide variety of construction projects.
- Survey potential sites for suitability and associated cost.
- Verify vendor and subcontractor estimates fall within the defined scope.
- Create estimates for all necessary insurance considerations.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred, but not required.
- Similar work experiences may be beneficial.
- Prior experience as an estimator and general contractor.
- Proficiency with cost estimating software.
- Familiarity with construction practices, costs, and procedures.
- Experience with vendor management, procurement, and construction management.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be a team player and communicate effectively.
* This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job