We are currently seeking an experienced electrician to undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. Your job will involve installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts, and repairing appliances.
Due to the high amount of risk pertaining to this job, electricians must be first and foremost responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions. The ideal candidate must also be experienced in different kinds of electrical devices and systems.
The goal will be to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize the usability of electricity in all facilities.
- Help deliver materials, clean job sites, and accomplish day-to-day tasks.
- Helping the office run smoother by accomplishing tasks without help.
- Keep in mind what happens next and what can be done to keep the job moving.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom, and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures, and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or successfully completed apprenticeship as an electrician.
- Proven experience as an electrician.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Valid license to practice the profession.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be a team player and communicate effectively.
- Able to perform the job’s physical demands.
- Ability to work in the heat and cold for long hours.
* This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making employment decisions. Duties associated with this job and the corresponding job